DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS
Having your bike or scooter delivered through ashbyandmannbikes.com
When you have a vehicle delivered and don’t visit our showroom the terms and conditions of your sale change. In order to fully understand how this affects your purchase please carefully read the point below. THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU DO NOT VISIT OUR SHOWROOM.
• We are only able to deliver to your home address.
• Prior to arranging delivery, we will require your driving licence to be verified by the post office.
• We will require 2 additional proofs of address prior to delivery.
• We will not deliver the bike to you if you if we have not received the licence verification and the additional proofs of address.
• On receipt of your vehicle you must inspect it’s physical condition with the delivery driver present. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle, we will not accept any liability for any damage which was not noted at the time of delivery.
• You are entitled to a “cooling off period” during which you can change your mind about your purchase. This period begins from the day we deliver your vehicle to you and is valid for 14 days.
• Should you wish to return the vehicle then we must be notified in writing within this 14 day period. We will contact you to acknowledge your request and make arrangements to cancel your order.
• Your vehicle must be returned to us within 14 days of your cancellation. This 14 day period will begin from the day we acknowledge your refund request.
• Your refund will be made within 14 days of the vehicle being returned to us. This 14 day period will begin from the day we sign to accept the return of your vehicle to our premises.
The following terms and conditions apply
• Delivery of your vehicle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you for any reason be unable to accept this delivery then you will be liable for the cost of this delivery and any subsequent charges to return it. In the event of a cancellation this amount will be deducted from your final refund.
• You are liable for the vehicle from the point of accepting delivery. If you choose to cancel within your cooling off period, then you remain liable for the vehicle until one of our selected delivery companies have signed to accept it from you. You will be liable, and charged, for any damage present which was not noted when you accepted delivery of your vehicle. Any cost will be deducted from your final amount.
• A maximum mileage of 25 miles from the recorded delivery mileage is allowed. Any miles over and above this will be charged at £2.00 per mile and this amount will be deducted from your refund amount.
• Any standard delivery cost charged to you as part of your order will be refunded, but any additional delivery charges incurred over and above the standard delivery charge will be deducted from any refund. However, you will be liable for any collection costs incurred and this amount will be deducted from your final refund. Our customer delivery charge where applicable is usually subsidised as part of your purchase. Please note that should you choose to cancel your order, collection of the vehicle will be charged at the full rate. We will inform you of any costs prior to arranging collection of the vehicle and will not make any arrangements without your prior consent.
• Should you choose to make your own arrangements for returning the vehicle, you will accept full liability for the vehicle until it is returned to us. Any damage caused to the vehicle will be deducted from the final refund amount.
• In the case off accident damage or any insurance claim being raised, no refund will be made until the vehicle is repaired, and until the payment from the relevant insurance company has been made to us.
• No refund amount will be made until the vehicle has been inspected and signed for by a member of our team. If we intend to make any deductions from your final refund amount, then you will be made aware of that amount prior to the refund.
• The vehicle must be returned with all the stickers, labels etc still attached, documentation, accessories provided, keys and all original packaging as supplied by us.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights