Ashby & Mann Ltd Cookie Alert & Acceptance
Where we use ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ this refers to Ashby & Mann Ltd and companies registered under this name. Ashby & Mann Ltd is registered Company number – 2131000, Registered office 94-106 Upper Bond Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1RL.
VAT Number – GB 459 9439 82
We aim to make your experience of using our website or visiting us at one of our branches hassle-free and secure.
In order to do this we have outlined below how our website works, what data we collect from you online and in branch, how we use this data, conditions where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep any data held secure.
Collecting Personal Information
In order for us to be able to fulfil a range of services for you, both online and in branch, it is sometimes necessary to collect data about you.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Data
At Ashby & Mann Ltd our legal basis for processing data is based on legitimate interest. This means we will collect your contact details in cases where we have a legitimate reason to do so i.e. booking your vehicle in for service. It also means that we may from time to time send existing customers marketing material, however there is always an option to opt in or opt out from this kind of correspondence.
The type of personal information we may collect, store and use includes:
• information that you provide to us by phone, email, post, website or in person;
• information that you provide when completing an online form (including your name, gender, date of birth and any employment and educational details you may provide);
• information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
Using Your Personal Information
Personal data we receive will only be used for the purposes it was provided, including;
• meeting the terms of your order
• enabling your use of the services available on the website or in branch
• sending you goods purchased through our website or in branch
• to supply you with services purchased through our website or in branch
• sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you
• sending you our email newsletter if you have opted in to receive e-mails, (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require our email newsletter)
• Providing third parties with information provided to assist with your purchase, ie information required to propose for finance, or details to DVLA regarding Road Fund Licence, registered keeper details etc.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may share your personal data;
• with our manufacturer partners, our panel of lenders, staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so;
• if legally obliged to disclose your personal information;
• in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided within this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of Personal Information
We will make all reasonable effort to ensure your data remains safe by;
• taking all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
• storing all the personal data you provide on our secure servers
• ensuring all details of financial transactions entered via our website will be transferred by encryption technology
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary and usually no longer than 6 years after your contract is over (unless otherwise required)
You have a right to access any personal information we have about you. In order to do so you must first submit a Subject Access Request.
Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant data we may hold on you in the most practical format, unless otherwise stipulated by you and reasonably possible.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible. Similarly if you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
Furthermore if you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do as soon as possible.
Further information on these rights can obtained from the UK Information Commissioner whose website is at: www.ico.org.uk
Please submit any requests regarding access to your data, or if you wish to exercise your rights to change permissions on your data to
You can choose to accept or decline cookies from our website.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your device when you visit a website. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies help us provide you with a better website by tailoring the website operations to your needs and to respond to you as an individual user such as identifying which pages you find useful and which you do not.
Such a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and does not identify you individually.
Merely by browsing our website, Ashby & Mann tracks your use, so that we can offer you a better user experience relating to your navigation habits. This helps us analyse data about social media traffic and improve the way in which we tailor the experience to better meet the needs of our customers.
Risk and Personal Data
Please note that sending information over the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. Please do not include sensitive personal data sent over the internet.
What we might collect
• contact information including postal address, email address and telephone
• contact details depending on the service you are requesting
• demographic information such as post code and location
• other information relevant to your existing car, vehicle and price preferences, driving licence status, availability
• interest in customer surveys and/or offers
Data Protection Policy
Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data as well as detailing how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data. Individuals have a right to complain if they believe there is a problem in the way Ashby & Mann handles their data and can do this by contacting either the email@example.com or the ICO.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is: Z5138612
Data Protection Officer
Any Data Protection issues can be directed via firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashby & Mann Ltd is the trading name of Ashby & Mann Ltd whose registered office is at 94-106 Upper Bond Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire. LE10 1RL.
Our contact email address is email@example.com.
Our address and contact for written correspondence is, 94-106 Upper Bond Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire. LE10 1RL.
Any Data Subject Access Request should be made to the following email address;